Pages

15.5.16

aging

Hej hej mi love, 

I ran (jogged) Bay to Breakers this morning. I had no idea what to expect, and it was wonderful! The costumes, the nudists (we counted 12 of them, and 3 were very excited), the salmon running up (opposite) stream, and the fact that we were running on roads typically covered in cars in SF. I loved the intermittent dancing I could do as we jogged past house parties in the neighborhood. I really felt the community. Our goal was by Ocean Beach, where I was in disbelief that I was about to reach the finish line. 

With that said, my body is really aching! This is the second time that I have whipped out a pain relieving patch in my adulthood. I'm also wearing weird orthopedic toe socks.. which I will definitely show you but on webcam.

What else is new? I've been making smoothies for breakfast with the following ingredients:
- apples or oranges (haha)
- grapefruit juice
- banana
- sometimes ginger
- sometimes celery
- a handful of baby kale mix

I think it gives me a nice energy boost, but it could be the placebo talking.

Miss you and hope you're doing well! updates plz.

//Caro

 

1 comment:

  1. Aging sucks! I noticed that when I turned 26-27, my body can't handle anything anymore. And now at 30, what can I say. My body is tired, it aches. It takes me 2 days to recover from a hangover. It takes me hours and loads of coffee in otder to wake up. I need my 8 hours of sleep. But smoothies works. I do a mean green machine. Frozen bananas, spinach, celery, lemon, ginger and some water to make it more fluid - works like wonder. You'll get a kick outta it.

    ReplyDelete